Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ALMOST 1 YEARS OLD

Jaiden will be a 1year old in 4 days. I ask myself over and over again, how is that possible?

This year has gone by faster than any other year in my life. It seems like just yesterday when we got the call...and now a 1 year old.

I am filled with such joy as I plan for his 3 big days. The first day is Jan 12th which is his 1st BIRTHDAY! How I remember the minute he was born...I thought to myself now that is a beautiful big baby...he took up most of the bassinet they had him in. And I remember the minute the nurse looked at us through the window in the nursery and held up 9 fingers and then 1.3 fingers, telling us in sign language that our newly born baby boy weighed in at 9lbs 1.3oz. Jess and I stared through the glass into the nursery eyes only focused on our child until the time they wheeled him somewhere else and at that point our hands wanted to reach through the glass and keep him right there. We tried to plead with our eyes not to move him out of our sight but it didn't work. What a MAGICAL surreal night that was!

The next big event for us is his official court date celebration which is Jan 15th. We are thrilled that relatives are flying from out of state to join us. Just thinking about that day brings tears to my eyes. This is the day that we will be named Jaiden's parents. WOW...how we have waited for so long for this day. Everything does work out exactly the way it is suppossed to.

Last but certainly not least is Jaid's 1st birthday bash. Can't wait to celebrate Jaiden.

4 comments:

  1. Getting to this year has been the longest year(or more)of many of our lives!
    Congratulations and HBD Little Dude!

    Auntie, JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally..........Finally.......I got to hold Jaiden in my arms, give him a bottle, watch and be part of the joy on January 15 when the judge proclaimed him now and forever the son of Nicole Ash and Jesse Wiener. Being with the family and seeing the smiles and the tears was wonderful.
    Jaiden's birthday party was appropriately huge because so many people needed to be there.
    A joy for Aunt Micki and Uncle Larry to be part of the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a story what a child he is loved by so many

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma W is Anonymous

    ReplyDelete