Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MARCH/APRIL

March and April were phenomenal months for Jaiden. His vocabulary has grown tremendously, and he forms longer sentences than ever before. It is astonishing to listen to him speak, so clearly, and to watch him as he adds more words together. For example he used to say, "love you." Then it was ,"love you Daddy," now it's " I love you Daddy" and if someone says to him, "love you Jaiden," he says, " I love you too!" So cute. When we would be driving up to our house he would say," my house," then it was, " Our house," and now it is, "going to my house, or going to our house." Remarkable. The other day he told me, "good idea Mom." I laughed realizing I say that to him all the time, "good idea Jaiden. "He repeats EVERYTHING we say. He may not say it to us right away, but he will pull it out later that week. It's amazing.


Jaiden was sick a few times in the last few month. Once was a respiratory virus and the other a flu/cold. He has only been sick 3 times before, we have been very lucky. He's funny because most kids don't care if their nose is running, but Jaid does. If his nose runs, he points to it, and whines to me, "nose Mom," and won't stop until I wipe it. Needless to say I carried a tissue on me for days. Our first camping trip of the year to Carpenteria was canceled because Jaid was sick. I had to reserve our spot 6 months in advance. I was bummed but got over it quickly. Our second camping trip was which I had to reserved 6 months in advance too, was cut short because Jaid was sick. We went for only one night. The rain was coming too so that made it easier for us to leave. At least we got to run on the beach, throw rocks, bike ride and sleep in the camper, even if it was just for a night.

Coco, Jaiden's Nanny left in April. We loved her but it was time for her to move on. We hired a nice gal who only lasted a week, and then met his new Nanny Juana who is wonderful. She is bilingual Spanish, fun, smart, loving, creative and so nurturing. It is amazing how quickly Jaid transitioned.

We have begun to look at preschools and realize how important it is to us to have a place close by. Unfortunately we have not found "the one." Still looking. The good thing is Jaid is ready. We took him to one and he fit right in. Within minutes he was climbing the jungle gym with playmates and sitting around the break table sharing his snack. So cute. Would like to have him go a few days a week, from 9-12. It's gonna be much harder for Mommy than it will be for Jaiden!

No comments:

Post a Comment