Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

SEPT -NOV

Everyday is so much fun with Jaiden. He teaches us new things as we teach him. He is an amazing listener and simply, just "gets it." Whatever it is, he understands. We must watch what we say as he does not miss a thing. Sometimes we don't realize he hears us but he'll bring something up that we were talking about weeks later.


Went on our first camping trip with his cousins to Carpenteria in September. Had a blast. His cousins are twin boys 3 weeks younger than Jaiden. The boys played, ate smores, went on nature walks and night walks looking for well just about anything. So fun! We went bike riding, walking, built sand castles and played in the ocean water. This was the first trip where Jaiden really LOVED the ocean. He would run in and out, screaming with joy. He would sit in the sand and wait for the water to come splash on him and then lean back laughing hysterically. I actually got to relax quite a bit on this trip. Mostly because Jaiden is at a great age where he just hung out next to me on the beach building different things in the sand for hours. So much fun.

One night camping I was putting Jaiden's pj's on and I told him to give me his leg, and he said, "You used the wrong word Mommy. You meant foot not leg." And he was right, shame on me!



Jaiden LOVES to build. He will sit for hours and build with his legos, blocks and robots. It is Robot everything around here. Jaiden and Daddy build a new robot probably once a week or so. He will take the directions out, put all the pieces in order and then within a short period of time a new robot is built. He names them all and will take them apart and put them back together over and over again. Very impressive.



Another love of Jaiden's is coloring and drawing. He is quite the artist. He will again sit for hours and draw/color. He stays within the lines and if you help him and you miss something he will let you know right away. "Hey Mommy, you missed a spot." He is very detailed with everything!



One morning Jaiden was in my bed having his morning milk with Daddy and I was getting ready for work, when he called me. "Mommy." When I got there he said, "Don't go to work Mommy." I said, "sorry honey Mommy has to go work but we'll play later." He said softly, "Okay Mommy, well you look really nice today!" So darn cute, of course after that I really didn't want to go work.

A few weeks ago in the car Jaiden said, "stupid Mommy." I said, "what?" He said, "stupid Mommy." I was shocked and couldn't believe it. So Jess said," where did you hear that?" and he said, "the stupid owl." Not sure where he got it and Jess and I were sure we NEVER use the word stupid. I called his Nanny and she had never heard him say it before. So I told Jaiden why we never use the word "stupid" and to never use it again. He said okay and"sorry."

About a week goes by and we never hear him use the word again. Then he says to me one night, "Mommy I need to tell you something in your ear. So I bend down and he whispers," I will never use the word stupid again." I started laughing without him seeing and thought he has no idea how funny he is. He's never said the word again. I guess if that's the worst word he's used so far that's not too bad!

I traveled in November back east to my cousin Linda's twin boys Bar Mitzvah. Mom and I flew together and Jordana met us. We had a lovely time visiting with our family. Before I left I told Jaiden , "Mommy loves you so much her her hurts." I said this without even thinking of what it would really mean to him. He immediately said, "Oh Mommy your heart hurts? I am a super hero and I will make it aaaall better. " I tried to explain to him that my heart did not really hurt but at that point I had already said too much. I missed him terribly while I was gone, it was the longest we had been apart. When I returned home I waited outside for Jess and Jaiden to pull up. Seemed like the he big white truck took forever to pull in front of me. I opened the back door and saw my beautiful son sitting in his car seat- he reached for my coat and opened it at the top peering in as he said,"Mommy does your heart still hurt?" It was the very first thing out of his mouth. I said over and over again, "No honey my heart doesn't hurt, it is filled with love for you!" Our united moment was beautiful and it was as if we had not been apart at all.

We had a nice Thanksgiving and long weekend that followed. Not having to travel far made this year made it much easier. This year we spent the first part of Thanksgiving with my family at Bubbe's and Pop Pop's and then we went to Haley's to spend it with Jesse's family. Although it was a sad time for all because we were missing Mom Arlene tremendously, we all had each other and for that we were all grateful.






No comments:

Post a Comment