Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Monday, May 11, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day

How I have longed to celebrate Mother's Day, not because of the special recognition nor the gifts but because it would finally mean that I am a Mommy.


The day was special. As soon as Jesse heard Jaiden he ran to get him and bring him to me in bed. His beautiful flirty eyes penetrated my heart and with his big bright smile he said..."Happy Mother's Day!" For a single minute Jaiden and I connected on a different dimension where he knew that this day symbolically meant more to me than almost any other day. It was a true celebration.

I know this comes as a surprise but I did not buy Jaiden a new outfit for this day (what's wrong with me?), however he wore a onesie that said,"My Mom's tattoo is bigger than yours."

I received an out pour of cards from friends and family in addition to many e-mails and text messages all wishing me a wonderful Mother's Day! Amazing. Don't worry you all, everyone is off the hook next year and the years following. I know it was because it was my 1st!

I even received a text a few days prior to Mother's Day from Kelsie wishing me a Happy almost Mother's Day. I cried. She is really amazing! I thought about her for a long time. Wondering what her heart must feel like on this particular Mother's Day. Was she going to reflect on the positive or settle into a black darkness? I can only hope that her heart was full knowing that the child she gave birth to was in the arms of his Mommy being loved up all day long.

We relished the day in the presence of our Mother's...celebrating.

2 comments:

  1. Mother's Day is a day we have all wished for you for a long time!Father's Day is next! Then we'll move on the Favorite Honorary Aunt's day!

    Enjoy it all!
    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY........MOMMY

    ReplyDelete