Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Monday, June 15, 2009

5 MONTH BD

Where has the time gone?...can't believe the last time I wrote Jaiden was just 4 months old and on last Friday he turned 5 months old. He is more delicious than I ever imagined, and I still eat him every chance I get.

This last month has been so much fun. The constant giggling, rolling over, yes he has rolled over from his tummy to his back. Still working on going from his back to his tummy but it ain't easy when you have such a heavy thigh! We bought a Bumbo chair for Jaiden to sit in. The first time we sat him in it, we had to squeeze his left thigh between the leg separator because it would not fit in any other way. The funniest was when we took him out. I picked him up and the chair stuck to his bottom...like glue! We were busting up. He joins us at the dinner table in his big boy chair, sitting up tall, and eye balling us while we stuff our faces. He's going to like food, which we are going to introduce him to next month. Our pediatrician is big on not starting food until 6 months unless the child is having trouble sleeping or needs to gain weight. Thankfully we do not have a problem with either one.

Just the other day, Jaiden found his voice. He will lay on his back and screech as loud and long as he can, and then he waits for us to do it back to him, so he can do it again. We play this over and over again...both Jess and I can't help but crack up. He also gets laughing for a long time, and we laugh with him and just as hard. Thinking about it makes me laugh.

This weekend my dear nephew Zach who was the Jaiden connection was married. We traveled up North for the weekend to celebrate. Zach's Mother-in-law who was also our connection to Jaiden got to see Jaiden and she had not seen him since he was 8 days old. It was wonderful to see the Minnesota bunch. The wedding was absolutely magical...held at the Firestone Winery...and Zach's bride Darcie was stunningly beautiful. Everyone had an amazing time.

Our first overnight weekend with the little guy went very well except for the first night. Not sure if it was completely him, or both he and I. Neither one of us slept very well that night, I guess it took us a day to get into our groove. No one could tell that Jaiden didn't sleep well cause he was as happy as could be, now for me, that's a different story. The bags under my eyes said it all, I tried to cover them up with make-up but not sure it really worked. And the reason I say this is more than one person said to me, " you look tired." Not a good sign.

Each day I fall more deeply in love with little Jaid...how can I love him more than yesterday? I suppose my heart is growing and expanding. Never knew this kind of love before...it's deep, raw, electric, explosive and so much more.

My guess is Jaiden is now close to 22lbs and growing in length for sure. We are not going to a 5 month appointment so I will not get a true weight and length until next month. All I know is that Jaiden is our bundle of joy!

3 comments:

  1. Wos a Schein Beibi. Vot a Broche. A Leben Ahf Dir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaiden knows how much he is loved by the both of you. I had forgotten all the joy the milestones of a baby brings. It is obvious that he is enjoying learning about himself and his environment.
    Jaiden is also very much loved by his grandma and grandpa, his aunties, uncles, cousins, and every one who meet him.
    ENJOY EVERY WONDERFUL MOMENT NOW BECAUSE MORE GREAT MOMENTS ARE HERE TO COME
    MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see an update! I've been thinking about you guys. So glad Jaiden is doing well. Is is simply adorable! : )

    ReplyDelete