Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jesse's first Father's Day!

Each day brings wonderment, excitement and extended joy with Jaiden. From the time he awakes in the morning until the time he lays his heavy and I mean heavy head down in his crib.

We have our schedule and for the most part we keep pretty true to it. It seems to make everyone happy and it's easier for all of us. Jaiden usually awakes around 7am or 7:30am always with a big smile. He has a few long naps during the day and as long as we are on schedule he has his last bottle which is his 5th bottle for the day around 7pm or 7:30pm. He is in bed by 8pm.

We have our ritual... I put him down, read him his book, "Goodnight Moon", kiss him goodnight, shut his curtain, turn on his little light, swaddle him( yes he likes to be swaddled...still) give him his Binky, turn on his mobile, kiss him goodnight again and walk out. Asleep he goes...until morning. Sometimes he wakes around 4am for his Binky and then back to sleep until he really wakes up which is around 7am.

Jesse has his morning ritual with him. He feeds him at 7am, sings to him, plays with him and does his guy thing with him. I hear both of them laughing and laughing bringing a huge smile to my face. It is in those moments that the world is simply perfect.

We celebrated Jesse's first Father's Day. Oh how I wanted it to be extra special and apparently I succeeded. I let Jess stay in bed and I fed Jaiden at 7am, and then I brought him into bed with us and we all hung out in the big white puffy cloud. Jesse opened his gifts and Jaiden helped by ripping the paper. How fun is that? The day continued to be so much fun celebrating all day with my parents and then Jesse's parents. At one point in the morning I thought to myself how glorious... Jesse is loving up his little son and by the look in his son's eyes you could tell he was loving up his Daddy. Daddy... what a great word...Jesse is now officially a Daddy. Sometimes I still refer to him as MacDaddy...cause Daddy's got it goin on!

1 comment: