Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We're back

Jess and I are back after a ride like no other.
We wanted to share our new amazing story with you and we invite you to follow along with us on our journey to parenthood!
It is New Year's Eve day and we are patiently awaiting, the "phone call." Not an easy task whatsoever. Every time the phone rings our hearts stop. We are crazed with excitement, not sleeping well at all, and barely containing ourselves. Over joyed is an understatement!
Because we are superstitious and Jewish we are doing nothing to prepare for the arrival of our new little one. There is no crib yet, no special blanky, we have bought no clothes, painted no walls and hung no pictures. I know you say, are you crazy? Probably but it makes us feel more comfortable. Yes we will be running around with our heads cut off as soon as he is born gathering necessities but we are fine with that. What do we need? Diapers, wipes, onesies, and formula.
Our plan is to stay at the hospital while the baby is there. The hospital does offer boarding for adoptive parents so we thought we would take them up on it. We can pick the nurses brains and get some personal coaching.
A few weeks ago Kelsie invited me into the delivery room, let's hope I make it in time!
Our plan is to wait until Kelsie calls to tell us she is going into labor. Immediately we will book our flight and if all goes as planned we should be home in about 1 week.
As you all know our story, this is a miracle. We really believe that. Although it seemed like that we were forever in our depressed state, we actually were only home for 7 week when we got the "phone call"from my sister. Someone had a plan for us...what I have learned is I do not have control over everything ( how can that be so), and I need to be open to the way things come into my life.
Come join us as we emark on this wonderful new adventure in our lives.

15 comments:

  1. You know that we are there for you all the way. Am also waiting or the latest news. Much love Cuz L & D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I age, I truly believe that things happen for a reason...fate...This was meant to be Nikki & Jesse. I can't wait to meet the new addition to our family. Love you and what a happy new year it is:)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are wonderful!!!!With you all the way
    Love,
    Mom and Dad Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!!! the tears a flowing again

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thrilled to be the "phone caller" and even more thrilled to be an Auntie again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!
    Nilsita, Ivan and I are sending you positive thoughts. Actually, we were on our deck looking over to your house.We are celebrating Lewis' second month (he was born on Nov. 2nd at 2:58) Our lives has changed drastically and we love it!!!
    We will keep you in our prayers as you and Jesse begin your wonderful journey. This is in deed a great time for your family!
    We will be waiting and ready to help.
    Blessings
    Nilsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added a comment yesterday but its lost so I'll just say I'm sitting on pins and needles over here waiting for the call to go go go as is everyone else I'm sure.

    Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew a little one would be found things work out in mysterious ways what a way to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any day now...we can hardly wait!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well said! This is meant to be!! You are at the beginning of an amazing journey. I know it feels like forever already but the time before this moment has been preparation for the new little life that awaits your arms, your voices, your smiles, your hearts beating. You are meant to be parents and parents you shall be.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried posting a comment 3 o4 times and I got erased I'm so excited about our child I can't wait to hold him and look into those eyes. Good luck tomorrow I will pray like a crazy person.

    Love you 3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well little one only a few more days and you will be in warmer weather. Your Mommie isn't posting every day tell her to get on the stick and let us see in words whats happening and if that does not work tell your Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an amazing story. congratulations to you both. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete