Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

False alarm

What are those terribly painful cramp like sensations?
We received a phone call on Thursday night from Amy, Kelsie's Mom saying," Are you ready to be parents?" All I can say is I have never seen Jesse jump so fast from the couch in all the years I have known him. Kelsie was having contractions, her belly was hard, and her back was killing her. Quickly Jesse and I finished packing and patiently waited with the phone next to us.
Friday Kelsie had a Doctor's appointment, and she was told she was not in labor but everything looks good and the baby is definitely in the right position.
Saturday night as Jess and I were driving to my parents for a quick visit we received a call from Amy who said, "it looks like things may be happening, Kelsie is having contractions and they are 7 minutes apart." Jess and I just stared at each other like OMG...what does this mean? Well apparently it did not mean that Kelsie was in labor either because by this morning when we talked with Kelsie she was no longer having contractions.
So we wait...trying to keep ourselves busy...and not go crazy. Surprisingly we are quite calm, enjoying one another, giggling an awful lot and patiently waiting! It is a strange wonderful place to be.

2 comments:

  1. Awaiting the news......It will be soon.
    I'm still hoping for January 6.
    Love you.
    Soon you will be 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the car full of gas. I'm ready to roll to the airport. Come on little dude...we're all waiting for you!!

    Love, "Auntie" J

    ReplyDelete