Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Peaceful Contentment

Jess and I left Minnesota on Wednesday the 21st of January. As we approached the airport a sense of calm excitement filled our bodies. Zach helped us check in because we had our luggage and the baby and truthfully we were alittle uncoordinated... I know hard to believe! We needed to take two planes to get home, the first one landed in Phoenix and the second one in Burbank. Once the plane took off both Jess and I squeezed each others hand and looked into one anothers eyes in almost disbelief. Could we really be taking off on a plane to California with our son in our arms? Actually he was around my waist in a pouch. We had gotten to this point somehow and reality was slowly appearing.
Exiting the airplane and walking on California ground somehow made it all so much more real. With each step the excitement and contentment grew. Janet was waiting for us at baggage claim, what a great welcome home.
The next few days were filled with visitors. Although it sure was needed there was a bigger need, and that was to just be alone with our son. We needed time to take it all in, to wake up with him, feed him, play with him, stare at him, to simply enjoy him. For the past few weeks we were surrounded by people, which we were grateful for, but now we needed some time.
Today my sister Gaby stopped by and thankfully she brought her camera with her. She managed to photograph her nephew between his naps. There is no mistaking that she got more than one brilliant shot. When she left I hugged her extra hard I didn't want to let go. We are home with our child because she made "the call."
It has been an awe inspiring experience for me to watch Jess with his son. There is a new sparkle in Jesse's eye, something I have never seen before.
Each day it is a race between the two of us to get to the baby. Whoever gets there first...wins!
Tomorrow is a big day...the baby's first appointment with his Pediatrician. My guess is he weighs 10 lbs the way he is sucking down 4oz each feeding. We are interested in hearing this Doctors philosophy. Unfortunately we did not get to interview this Doctor prior due to insurance policies but she is a referral from my Doctor and I am hoping it's a good fit for us.
Given our nature before long our front door will be open for all those who want to come visit our special miracle. He has no idea how healing he is to so many of us. When you are in his presence you can not help but be affected by his sweet power.
I can hear his cry for more formula but it's too late...Daddy beat me to it!

9 comments:

  1. HE IS SO WONDERFUL........WE COULD SQUEEZE HIM, PINCH HIM, HUG HIM AND KISS HIM AT THE SAME TIME.
    MAY YOU 3 ENJOY A HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER.
    LOVE,
    MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read this post, I couldnt help but remember those first few precious weeks with our son and all I remember was the complete surrealness of it all as well as how much love for him poured out of every fiber in my being. You will cherish these beautiful days all the rest of your life and its wise to take a moment and make him the priority even as everyone is clammering to see a glimpse of your new bundle of sweet, perfect, courageous, blissful love. Now, you are complete....
    Much love,

    Olga, Ari & KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. No fighting over the kid kids! There is at least 5 lbs for each of you!!The pictures are great and he looks more and more like Jesse everyday. Amazing how it all falls together when something is meant to be.
    And you're not a family of 3...you're a family of 4! (Don't forget Maggie) Enjoy!
    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God I'm am so thrilled with this baby he is just the cats meow I can't wait to see and hold him again and again its the best feeling ever and I'm so happy for the two of you, you deserve the best and thats what you have.

    All the luck in the world with your new son and I'm the Granny.

    Love to 3 and Mags

    ReplyDelete
  6. Received some pictures this morning and I suspect they were taken by Aunt Gaby. I want...no, I need.....the picture of Mommy and Daddy and Baby.....Brings tears to my eyes just looking at you three and not even being able to imagine what you've gone through in the last year and before.
    But here he is...He already looks different from those first few photos.
    I do believe there is a sense of contentment in that beautiful face.
    Hugs and more, much more from Uncle Larry and me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is wonderful - beautiful - amazing! I am so glad you are home and now you are parents. I can not wait until the twins are here and we are all together... I love you both so much! And now - I love him too!!! It was nice to see you guys this weekend and to hold him. He is your son and now you are a family! God Bless all of us and may our families be just that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well we know that he loves his Aunt Alli and why not she will spoil him to death besides he sucked that bottle right up no problem in my arms.He gets more beautiful by the minute and yes he does look like his Daddy. Who's your daddy now baby boy????

    Love Alli B

    ReplyDelete