Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Almost there!

The past week has been wonderful. We are settling into a routine and loving every moment of it. Up until this point not sure what I imagined it to be like, but it is better than anything I have ever experienced.
The other afternoon the baby fell asleep on me and quietly I feel into a deep sleep. The feel of his newborn skin against mine, the fresh smell of his scent softly creeping into my nose, the grip of his hand around my finger, all of it transcending me adrift on a cloud. No worries, not a single stress, just he and I floating together somewhere in another dimension. I awoke hours later to find his hand still wrapped around my finger, and his sweet body sprawled out sideways on my chest. It just doesn't get better than that.
For so long Jess and I dreamed about our little one and had no idea that in just a few weeks our hearts would be so fulfilled.
We have visited with Grandparents quite a bit this last week and it is pure joy to watch a different generation and their magical reaction to the baby.
I did not write much this past week mainly because I have been holding my breath and simply praying that Feb 2nd will come and go very quickly. Jess and I are so anxious to be able to fully BREATH!
Thankfully we have wonderful friends who have channeled positive energy across the US. Collectively we are going to make this happen!
Moments ago I heard the baby crying and within minutes he stopped. I must admit Jesse is the "Baby Whisperer." How lucky am I?
More soon-

6 comments:

  1. I read your blog and sit and try to write about this wonderful miracle and about the depth of the emotion that I feel and I'm sure others are feeling. It is difficult, it is wonderous, it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
    We love all three.......
    With our wishes that Tuesday comes soon.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought sleeping with a basset hound, a terrier mix and up to three cats had it's perks...but nothing compares to this! A divine moment at the end of a challenging journey. May you have many, many more stressfree naps with your son.
    Feb 3 is a milestone day for me...now for two reasons. Can't wait to celebrate.

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. FEBRUARY 2.....FEBRUARY 2.....Today is February 2, previously known as Grandhog Day...but forever more to have a more significant and emotional and wonderful meaning.
    Please blog as soon as this day is over.....darling niece, nephew and greatnephew.
    All our love....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 7 1/2 hours to go! Looking forward to tomorrow.

    Gregg, Martha and Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipee! We made it through 2/2/09. 2/3/09 will be the first full day that is all yours! Enjoy! He'll be wanting to borrow the keys to the car sooner than you think...then the worry starts again!

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry could not post will try today I'm so glad to be a granny for this big guy.

    ReplyDelete