Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally 3

WHOO HOO- It is official- we have a son!

How long have we wanted to be 3? Years. Our adoption process began in the parking lot of Kaiser hospital on a warm afternoon in 2004. A day I will never forget...the day we knew we would never be pregnant.

Since that time we have put our efforts towards adopting a child, without ever dreaming it would take us so long to find our son. I never imagined our child to be a newborn, my idea was different. Now I can not imagine missing out on the first 21days of our sons life. It has been wondrous.

As I said before the brick walls are not there to keep us out just to show us how much we want something. And boy did we want a child. For those of you that have followed our journey you know how many walls we hit along the way. I can honestly say that every wall was worth the last 21 days!

Both Jess and I woke up this morning feeling completely uneasy. Of all days we wanted this day to pass quickly, but each hour seemed to drag on. I kept myself busy doing things around the house and tried not to look at the clock every five minutes. At a few different times during the day my heart began to race uncontrollably as if I was going to have a panic attack. Somehow I talked myself into a normal breathing pattern and became calm.

It was around 4:30 when we received a message from Deb in Minnesota saying, "congratulations, it's official." For some reason we thought we needed to wait until midnight tonight for it to be official, but thank goodness we were wrong. Kelsie had up until 4:30pm Minnesota time today to change her mind. What an incredible gift this young girl has given us...our gift to her will be that we raise a productive, responsible, loving human being.

Again I am reminded of the pieces of the puzzle that had to come together to make this all happen...it is a miracle!

Jesse and I are resonating in the powerful exchange of life. An abundance of deep emotions surfacing. The three of us will now embark on this new journey together.

Thanks to all of you across the US who helped to manifest the positive energy that carried us to this point. Believing that everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to.

Going to smooch the baby and squeeze my husband and tell him how thankful I am of him that he never gave up, even after his heart was broken.

I will write again soon- so much to say- All our love

14 comments:

  1. HURRAH, HURRAH, HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE LOVE ALL THREE,
    MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets start over...
    Hey Big guy you are now Large and in Charge
    you go boy. Who's your Daddy Who's your Mommy??
    Nicole and Jesse that's who.

    Love Aunt Alli

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOOOOOOOO A huge sigh of relief. In my heart I knew this child would stay in Glendale because this child is bashert.....meant to be.
    Congratulations.....Mazeltov......
    Your dream is realized.....Lucky boy....Lucky Mommy and Daddy. Thank you, Kelsie.
    All our love.....Unc and Aunt Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Ha-l-l-e-l-u-i-a-h!

    I got up today and realized that I didn't have to rub all the good luck charms and chant to the universe or pray that this moment would come to be as I have for the last several years!! It’s a step in my morning routine that I will not miss! Not that I wouldn’t do it all over again if need be, but it sure is nice to know that that this dream has come true and you and your child are finally together. The whole journey has been a testament of the power of love. Thank you for letting us all share in the experience. ..even the tough parts. We have all been enriched by it and shown, that after this, anything is possible!!

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you!! you are a beautiful family, and he sure was worth the wait!!!! I wish you only the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS!!! This is GREAT! We are supremely happy for you all. Congrats and we can hardly wait to meet your lovely son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We knew that this day would come and that your hopes and dreams would materialize and change your lives forever. You have endured a great deal these past few years but the road ahead is paved with such amazing times that you will slowly retire all the past heartache and just simply rejoice in the amazing gift of parenthood!! Every single day is different and every smile on his tiny face is worth its weight it gold! Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet your son!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole & Jess, Congratulations to you and to your families! We have been following your blog and praying for you, especially as the days got closer to February 2. On that day, I kept looking at the clock and calculating the time difference between Minnesota and California. I can only imagine the intensity of your emotions!!! Your story gives us great hope...I have told it many times.

    He is absolutely beautiful! What an incredible gift. Congrats again to you all!
    Love, Jodi & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been waiting for your 2/2/ post so that I could breathe with you. I am far more relaxed now - but nowhere close to what you must be feeling. MAzal tov to you, Nicole, Jesse, and little guy - and to the grandparents, cousins, relatives and friends. I am celebrating with you - and impatiently waiting to see the whole family.

    Bald Uncle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been holding my breath waiting.....
    What a beautiful child. He just seems to "fit". How strange that the journey brought you here right where you were suppose to be. I guess he wasn't ready for you yet. He sure looks ready now! Being mom and dad seems to suit both of you. Being a parent is such joy (and a little heartache at times). But I know you'll always be the best at anything you do so congratulations, it's official Mega, you're a MOM!
    Wendy
    I love the pictures.
    Don't stop the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blessings Nic and Jess!...you've powered on, even when the light seemed bleak, and now take those shattered brick walls and build a strong foundation of fortitude, strength and overwhelming love for your son...
    after this journey, parenthood should be a breeze :)
    much love...margaux

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mazel Tov! He is absolutely adorable. You are officially a Mom now, and Jesse is officially a Dad now :) I'm bet you cannot wait to her the word Mommy come out of his mouth...I have loved reading about your journey to parenthood and I can't wait to hear about all of you little man's accomplishments.
    I hope to see all of you soon.
    Love,
    Mindi :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally can post I yahoo all the yahoos and this guy is loved by all especially me.

    ReplyDelete