Still believing in 3!

The brick walls are there not to keep us out, only to make us realize how much we want something.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

1 month old today

Our beautiful son is one month old today. Unbelievable.

It was only 21 weeks ago that we returned home from the Ukraine devastated. At that point being a parent was a dream that had been shattered. Although in our hearts we believed that it was all going to work out somehow. And here we are today, in our home with a 1 month old.

It is magical what he brings to us. Believe it or not, I have been told recently that I am more gentle more patient and less aggressive. For those of you that know me I am always on...focused...with a mission.
I take it as a compliment.

I have settled into a very flexible routine dictated by the little one. Funny to think that sometimes there are dishes in the sink, and occasionally our bed might not be made, and it's okay. He is giving us permission to forgo the structure and be in the moment. Without hesitation we gladly are taking on the new lifestyle...and it feels wonderful.

In the past month we have changed more diapers than ever before, we have been awaken by the sound of a crying baby, we have stayed awake in the wee hours soothing our child, we have eaten dinner separately in order to feed the little one, and we have shopped in the formula/diaper isle at the grocery store, (used to always skip that isle) . Just a few of the new things we have done in the past month and grateful for the experience.

Today is a very special day- it is Kelsie's 17th birthday. I will dedicate my next blog to her.

I'll write soon- Mommy hears the baby cooing and I don't want to miss it!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for allowing us to feel like we are right there with you...its amazing to read every single beautiful word you write. I promise the early mornings get easier (a few more months to go) and then it was like they never happened because you are on to new and different experiences and challenges. You are both turning out be the wonderful parents we always knew you would be... and were destined to be....Happy one month little one!

    Much love,

    O, A & KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, times up. We are now adopting him because he is just too gorgeous for you to keep all to yourselves. Just send him in Zac's suitcase when he comes over to this summer.

    But really, we love you and boy oh boy, Jesse you are a natural!

    Love you, L & D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I knew someday something would mellow you in your structured, controlled life my sister. Now maybe you can learn to relax during your massage.. Thank you little one. Oh ya! I am always here for Laundry duty if needed.

    Love Alli B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom and Dad!

    I got your message. Thank you for always thinking of me. Look at your new baby, your new life and your new routine. Fabulous!!! I am hoping to get down to L.A. soon. I miss you!

    Love your sister from another mother,
    Laurie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mellower...yes, less agressive...perhaps...but I have a feeling if anyone comes between you and that baby agression like no one has ever seen will come out! Some of us always knew the softer side was there, but with all you've been through, you've had to protect yourself. Now you can just go with the flow and be vulnerable girl! It's all good...all g-o-o-o-d!!

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never seem to get on the blog but I'm following it will try again to post. Love that Big Boy he is so cute love the both of you.

    ReplyDelete